- 20/04/2004 : Drip-0.9.0 released. After the last RC version I've been using the program for personal
'production' purposes. In other words: I wanted to watch the video on DVD's, but needed it in avi/divx
format. This requiered Drip to do it's job properly, for every DVD I wanted. Since Drip passed this test
past 2 months, I guess 0.9.0 is ready ;)
It's been around 1 1/2 year since there was a release. No new big features, just fixes. But it's making
0.8.x release absolete: 0.9.0 does a far better job in single-run DVD backup. Enjoy!
- 10/02/2004 : A little HOWTO about the right versions of Xvid and Avifile has been put online here.
- 19/12/2003 : More fixes and a proper tarball RC3 released. Among others DVD navigation where cells were
read multiple times has been fixed.
- 30/11/2003 : Fixed 3 of the biggest bugs/problems in 0.9.0, and put 0.9.0rc2 online. DVD navigation is fixed
(for chapters that have more than 1 cell), Audio/Video sync has been fixed in 2 situations: at the beginning of
a stream, and during gaps in the mpeg audio.
- 18/11/2003 : Welcome back people ;) Last update was more than 6 months ago.. things have been buzy.
I also started working on another OSS project (dp500serv) and I got kinda stuck with Drip. A few weeks
ago I needed to backup a DVD, installed Drip on a clean linux system. Been using it as a user since then.
I'll fix a few last problems as I encounter them.. and will release 0.9.0 final after I've the feeling it's OK. I
wont add any new features anymore, and after 0.9.0 is done I wont work on this project anymore. It's
mostly done anyway ;)
- 28/04/2003 : Getting close to Drip 0.9.0: put release candidate1 online. Fixed stability issues, PCM audio,
DVD navigation and many small problems. Also need gcc 3.x for it, version 2.x can no longer be used.
Let us know anything you might run into..
- 26/03/2003 : The 3th snapshot of 0.9.0 from CVS is available for download. This one need mpeg2dec 0.3.x
and has libvo written out. Tests with 5000 frames give close to 20% speed gain.
- 22/02/2003 : A new snapshot of 0.9.0 from CVS available for download. This one has libao and libvo bundled.
- 19/02/2003 : A snapshot of 0.9.0 from CVS available for download. It's suppost tobe fully working,
but still needs some bugs to be fixed.
- 02/02/2003 : CVS version changed to 0.9.0cvs. It has the basiscs in place, but needs much work on
various features: 1. DVD chapter selection GUI , 2. Frame & audio framebuffers cleanup between multiple
avi encoding. Let your test results be known on the devel mailing list.
- 04/01/2003 : The next version of Drip will take some time, so here's a preview. The idear is to add
(S)VCD support and redo the DVD selection interface. The new interface will let you compose the
generated .avi's by selecting just the DVD chapters you want to.
- 16/11/2002 : New new new - Drip 0.8.3. Changelog for what's new in this release. Among a few minor
features and some changes in the UI, this release mostly has internal changes.
- 02/11/2002 : A new prerelease Drip 0.8.3pre1. Please report back bugs and problems,
so it can be fixed for the final. See the Changelog for what's new in this tarball.
- 30/09/2002 : Drip 0.8.2.1 released, fixes a compilation problem and has audio debugging to
- 23/09/2002 : Feature freeze for Drip 0.8.2 . Current CVS code has all the features 0.8.2 final should have,
so all that's to be done now is get rid of the last few problems. Have a look yourself, and let me know what
current CVS code does for you. When I got enough reports the code works OK, or dont get bugs reported
0.8.2 will be released.
- 12/09/2002 : Fixed a bug in liba52 utilisation: now the audio is encoded nicely once more. I really should
not be listening mp3's while testing encoded audio every again;-)
- 04/09/2002 : Fresh CVS commit containing 2 channel audio encoding. Do read the Audio Encoding Howto
as well, or you're sure to end up with bad audio in your encoded avi.
- 25/08/2002 : Fixes & cleanups in next Pre-release 0.8.2pre3. Among others the subpicture handling
and audio-video sync have been improved.
- 28/07/2002 : Drip 0.8.2cvs updated with fixes and some new stuff (oa new logo filter). Also tested
the new liba52-0.7.4, found it working just fine.
- 17/07/2002 : Drip 0.8.2pre1 released. Lots of fixes and enhancements, and NTSC support. Please report
any problems, so we can put 0.8.2 final online.
- 11/06/2002 : CVS code for the upcoming 0.8.2 is pretty stable atm. Have a look and let us know the
problems you encounter.
- 10/06/2002 : If you get an error compiling Drip with 'avifile.h not found', please check the support
section before sending a message.